On July 23, 2015, a meeting was held with the suport of the International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) on the issues of combating corruption in the Ukrainian energy sector. In the meeting, MPs, experts and company representatives repeatedly stressed the need to guarantee an independent and professional work of the energy regulator to create transparent and efficient energy markets (see the transcript of the event in Ukrainian at the following link). The IRF supported this initiative and thus the joint elaboration of the Ukrainian and international experts, MPs and other stakeholders on finalizing the draft law.
DiXi Group created the Strategic Advisory Group (SAG), which will help unite the best Ukrainian experts to solve the problem of creating an independent and professional regulatory authority, and with the participation of the representatives of international associations of regulators, as well as the Energy Community Secretariat, will get the best international experience to address the draft law bottlenecks.
As a result of the SAG activity, the amended draft law on state regulation in the energy sector should find support from the international partners, experts and MPs, which will ensure the regulator’s independence and professionalism.
The project is implemented with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation and is open for public comments and consultations. Any comments and inquiries shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft Law “On the National Commission for State Energy and Public Utilities Regulation”
- Template for analyzing the draft law “On the National Energy and Public Utilities Regulatory Commission”
- Аnalitical note “Law on the Energy Regulator.Key challenges”
- Composition of the Strategic Advisory Group
- Video of presentation of Strategic Advisory Group at the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center, 04.09.2015
- Summarized Risks of the Draft Law “On the National Energy and Public Utilities Regulatory Commission”
- SAG meeting draft program
- Proposals to the Draft Law of Ukraine “On the National Energy and Public Utilities Regulatory Commission”
- Video of press-briefing of the Strategic Advisory Group members on editing draft law about the National Commission for State Regulation in Energy
- Version of the draft Law “On the National Commission for State Energy and Public Utilities Regulation”, proposed following the Committee meeting (17.03.2016)